Want to participate in the survey? We are still taking answers, especially for feedback for next Season 22. FILL OUT THE MIDSEASON MEMBER SURVEY
Positive Feedback (may end up in promo material):
- I loved the impromptu topics!!! super helpful —Selah Mink, Va.
- I really appreciate the Library on Monument Members. There are some amazing books like K2TP and KTCX that have been super beneficial to me as a Team Policy Debater. Monument continues to put out high-quality cases and negative briefs that save so much time. Thank you for all that you do at Monument! —Patrick L., Ariz.
- I appreciate that you release all of your Affirmative cases for TP by Christmas. I also benefited a lot from Vance Trefethen’s lecture recordings and from the textbooks on TP and CX. —Anonymous from Ariz.
- As a Team Policy debater for 6 years, I have come to associate sourcebooks with giving you some useful basic ideas at the beginning of the year, but nothing you would depend on come tournament season. Sourcebooks are often filled with glib or only tangentially related arguments. Monument is different. Every card has a purpose, and the careful explanation and setup of each argument give you confidence you wouldn’t expect from a sourcebook. —Brendan M., Mass.
- Monument has a host of great resources, both current, and dating back years. This allows the debater to prepare themselves for speech and debate. I’ve found it very, very helpful over the years, because they can find evidence and research I can’t. Thanks Monument! —Justus C., PA
- In my 4+ years of speech and debate, I have never found as good of a resource as Monument Members. Everything that you get is 100% worth the money. Specific briefs and other resources always come out right when I need them; Monument Members has genuinely helped me take my skills to the next level. —Masako O., Va.
- Monument saves me so much research time each week, and it’s a great jumping off point for what briefs I can write and what cases are out there. My box would be a lot lighter without it😂 —Hollis W., Ark.
- The regular season plus the surprise bonus is a great tool to help get prepared for the season. The bonus materials is significant addition since it often addresses challenging cases that we’ve encountered early in the competition season. —Derald L., Wash.
- Monument is a life saver! It has taught me half of the information I now know. Without it I would have spent weeks of long days doing it myself. It has taught me some valuable lessons too. I just want to say thank you for all you guys have done! —Anonymous from Washington
Negative Feedback (with responses):
- For Parli, in addition to putting resolutions also put extra topics to research, because as a freshman, there are somethings I am not super well-versed on. I know that would help a lot of people in my age group. Great idea, and we will consider it when revising our templates for Season 22.
- “I miss your Apologetics section. I found that helpful last year, and I was somewhat disappointed when you did not offer it this year. We plan to have a return to Apol! 🙂
- Also, the videos in the “”Camp Library”” are not working. I’m not sure if this is a problem on my end, but whenever I click on the play button, the video does not play and the time stamps on either end of the bar show 00:00. I usually download the mp3 file, but it would be nice to be able to watch the videos too. This problem does not occur with the Vimeo videos under the “”Video Library””. ” We tested and found no issues. Send us a support ticket to troubleshoot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have nothing terribly negative. I only recently strted using your materials but is helpful. Thanks!
- In the libraries, we are able to see previous years’ debate materials, but I am not seeing Apologetics material from previous seasons. I am curious why there are not the same speech releases this year. Thanks. You’re not the only one to complain. So Apol is coming back next year.
- I think it would be useful to have the debate briefs in pdf form. Great idea, and we plan to do this in Season 22.
- Your website could use an upgrade. It’s not very user friendly. It took me a good bit of thinking to figure out how to log into monument. We are launching a redesign at the end of this season, sort of a sneak peak into Season 22. We hope you like it!
- I love this website. I would personally want to see more Generic briefs for Negative. Or just more briefs in general. More writers, more briefs…but we try to keep quality high. We hope to increase in Season 22 to include more top-quality briefs, including generics.
Would you like to add to the positive/negative feedback? We appreciate them both. Post below…