Monument Members enjoy weekly source material throughout the tournament season to help them prepare for upcoming speech and debate competitions. Make the habit of visiting this downloads page every week to sharpen your competitive edge. Season 20 will archive on June 30, 2020, and Season 21 downloads will follow.
Keys to Speech and Debate Success (Course)
Chris Jeub reveals the four “keys” to a successful speech and debate competition that has helped him coach hundreds of students — many of his own children, in fact — to championship level. Updated to Season 21, this is the course every Monument Member should watch and whose principles should apply.
Season 21 Release Schedule
Monument releases content all year long, from one national tournament to another, in what we call "seasons." We are entering Season 21 (2020-2021). For a list of all Member downloads for Season 20, click here. The following is the general release schedule for Season 21:
- End of Season 20 - In response to Covid-19, Monument started Season 21 earlier than ever. First classes launched and the new Season 21 Membership opened for registration on May 1.
- June-August - The first Monument Monday (earliest launch ever!) releases June 8, 2020. Basic informational material will continue through the summer (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- August 31 - End of the Pre-season, beginning of the official year of Monument Speech and Debate.
- September-December - Cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2020 - All foundational downloads are complete! Individual sourcebooks are set up for sale through June 2020.
- January-March - BONUS material is released to members on a more as-needed basis using our Coaching Request Form.
- April-June, 2021 - Qualifier and Nationals Preparation work is arranged...and Monument Members will be prepared to win!
Season 21 Debate Resolutions
- NCFCA: "Resolved: The European Union should substantially reform its immigration policy."
- NSDA: "Resolved: The United States federal government should enact substantial criminal justice reform in the United States in one or more of the following: forensic science, policing, sentencing."
- Stoa: "The USFG should considerably decrease its military commitments."
- NCFCA: "Resolved: In democratic elections, the public's right to know ought to be valued above a candidate's right to privacy."
- NSDA release six resolutions through the year, three of which Monument writes for:
- Sept/Oct Novice: "Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified."
- Sept/Oct Varsity: Releases August 8.
- Nov/Dec: Releases October 1.
- Jan/Feb 2020: Releases December 1.
- Mar/Apr 2020: Releases February 1.
- Nationals: Releases May 1.
- Stoa: "Resolved: Economic stability is more important than economic growth."
- Public Forum:
- NSDA Sept/Oct: Releases August 8.
- NSDA Nov/Dec: Releases October 1.
- NSDA Jan: Releases December 1.
- NSDA Feb: Releases January 1.
- NSDA Mar: Releases February 1.
- NSDA Apr: Releases March 1.
- NSDA Nationals: Releases May 1.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All Membership content and Library Archives are proprietary intellectual content, so please respect our copyrights. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited, the only exception being from immediate family members within a single household.