Monument continues to put out videos and courses that help Members get a solid foundation for their competition. Content is valuable even when not viewed LIVE (pardon the give-aways and timely announcements).
Announcement: Chris Jeub is creating free shorts at his personal YouTube channel. Subscribe and stay up-to-date with all sorts of learning material put out by Mr. Jeub, the founder of Monument Members.
- Easy Entry to the World of Speech and Debate (2020)
- Keys to Speech and Debate Success (2019)
- Mastering the Monument Method (2020)
Mr. Jeub’s Family (Example Speeches and Debates)
- Dramatic Interp – The Time Keeper (Mitch Albom) - Tabitha Jeub did an interpretation of Mitch Albom's magical fiction The Time Keeper.
- Duo (Humorous) – Calvin and Hobbes - Noah Jeub and his friend Michael perform "Calvin and Hobbes" where the characters travel in time to get out of doing his homework.
- Expository – Heritage of Hunting - Lydia Jeub performs "The Heritage of Hunting," the Expository champion speech at Stoa's NITOC, 2011.
- Extemp – Domestic Question - Tabitha Jeub received the question, "Where will Taylor Swift go with her music this year?" This was a finalist question at a Texas tournament.
- Extemp – International Question - Tabitha Jeub received the question, "Is it bad for us for Australia and Chile to woo China after we reject the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)?" This was a finalist question at a Colorado tournament.
- Humorous Interp – Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch - Micah Jeub performs "Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch" by Trinka Hakes Noble at the NCFCA National Championship, 2014.
- Original Oratory – Poetry Is Dead - Tabitha Jeub performs "Poetry Is Dead," an Original Oratory presented at the Stoa NITOC, 2018.
- Persuasive – Backflips - Noah Jeub gives his motivational oratory based on his ability to do backflips in place.
- Policy Debate – Taiwan - Use this video to learn how a well-flowed, structured debate round rolls. Jeub/Jeub lost to Donaldson/Gilbreath in the end, but the round was an excellent example of a policy debate well done.
“Coach Vance” Trefethen’s Policy Videos
- 2011 Debate Camp: Debate Ethics - What if a majority of debates contained unethical evidence? It would cripple the validity of debate. This video explains the importance of raising standards for ethical debate standards.
- Energy: Part 1 “Definitions” - Vance Trefethen presents his introductory lesson to United States energy policy, the NCFCA debate resolution. This is Part 1 of a four-video series covering the Season 20 NCFCA resolution on energy.
- Energy: Part 2 “Economics” - In Part 2 of explaining the NCFCA policy resolution on energy policy, Coach Vance gives an introduction to debaters' economics.
- Energy: Part 3 “History” - In Part 3 of understanding NCFCA's resolution on US energy policy, Coach Vance explains its history.
- Energy: Part 4 “Status Quo” - In Part 4 of the Energy Policy videos, Coach Vance explains several policies that are great candidates for affirmative plans.
- Monetary Policy: Part 1 “Definitions” - Vance Trefethen presents his introductory lesson to banking, finance and monetary policy, the Stoa policy debate resolution. This is Part 1 of a three-video series covering the Season 20 Stoa resolution on monetary policy.
- Monetary Policy: Part 2 “Economics” - In Part 2 of explaining the policy resolution on monetary policy, Coach Vance gives an introduction to economics and its terminology.
- Monetary Policy: Part 3 “History & Status Quo” - In Part 3 of explaining the policy resolution on monetary policy, Coach Vance covers a thorough history of the topic as well as provides ample ideas for policy changes.
- Research Lab - Vance Trefethen walks through the way he creates cases and briefs from scratch. Video taken at the 2017 Training Minds Debate Camp in Colorado, the resolution on transportation policy.
- Cross-examination (2007) - Vance Trefethen gives his ideas on how to deliver and receive outstanding cross-examinations in policy debate.
- Flowing Lincoln-Douglas - This video is part of a larger 12-lesson course on Lincoln-Douglas Debate. Mr. Jeub teaches the structure of a typical LD debate round through understanding the flow. Once the flow is understood, so much of the entire debate round is understood.
- Flowing Policy Debate - This video is part of a larger 12-lesson course on Policy Debate. Mr. Jeub teaches the structure of a typical policy debate round through understanding the flow. Once the flow is understood, so much of the entire 1.5 hour debate round is understood.
- Flowing Public Forum - This video is part of a larger 12-lesson course on Public Forum Debate. Mr. Jeub teaches the structure of a typical PF debate round through understanding the flow. Once the flow is understood, so much of the entire debate round is understood.
- Flowing Techniques of Champions - This small library of short videos give several techniques for mastering flowing.
- Policy Case Construction (2007) - This video focuses on the First Affirmative Constructive (1AC). The 1AC is very important, making your debate case strong, prima facia, and will win the round. Coach Vance shares the tools you need to develop a strong 1AC.
- The Policy Debate Round (2007) - As you go through the policy debate round, after giving the 1AC all the way to the final rebuttal, there are different responsibilities for each and every speech. Open your flowsheet and mark down exactly what those responsibilities are.
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All Membership content and Library Archives are proprietary intellectual content, so please respect our copyrights. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited, the only exception being from immediate family members within a single household.