You tried to access source material that is available only for Monument Members.
Want to join hundreds of other competitors for the BEST preparation available? Consider:
Check out all we have going on this year!
Season 22 Debate Resolutions
Writers for the 2021-2022 season will be preparing cases and briefs for Stoa and NCFCA leagues for both Policy and Lincoln-Douglas debate. Monument's archives may be accessed for source material pertaining to other leagues and resolutions. Season 22 opportunities are posted here as they are announced by the leagues.
- Policy (all season):
- NCFCA: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should significantly reform its policies regarding convicted prisoners under federal jurisdiction."
- NSDA: "Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its protection of water resources in the United States."
- Stoa: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform the use of Artificial Intelligence technology."
- NCFCA (all season): "Resolved: In the context of innovation, the proactionary principle ought to be valued above the precautionary principle."
- NSDA releases six resolutions through the year:
- Sept/Oct Novice: "Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified."
- Sept/Oct Varsity: "Resolved: The member nations of the World Trade Organization ought to reduce intellectual property protections for medicines."
- Nov/Dec: "Resolved: A just government ought to recognize an unconditional right of workers to strike."
- Next release is due August 8, 2021.
- Stoa (all season): "Resolved: In the field of biomedical engineering, restraint ought to be prioritized over scientific advancement."
- Other Formats:
- Big Questions Debate (all season): "Resolved: On balance, societies benefit from religious belief and practice."
- Public Forum for Sept/Oct: "Resolved: The North Atlantic Treaty Organization should substantially increase its defense commitments to the Baltic states."
- Public Forum for Nov/Dec: "Resolved: Increased United States federal regulation of cryptocurrency transactions and/or assets will produce more benefits than harms."
- Public Forum's next release is due December 1, 2021.
Season 22 Release Schedule
Monument releases content all year long, from one national tournament to another, in what we call "seasons." We are entering Season 22 (2021-2022). For a list of all Member downloads for Season 21, click here. The following is the general release schedule for Season 22:
- End of Season 21 - Officially archived on June 28, 2021. The new Season 22 releases begin July 5, 2021.
- July-August - The first Monument Monday releases July 5, 2021. Basic informational material will continue through the summer (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- August 30, 2021 - End of the Pre-season, beginning of the official year of Monument Speech and Debate.
- September-December - Cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2021 - All foundational downloads are complete! Individual sourcebooks are set up for sale through June 2022.
- January-March - BONUS material is released to members on a more as-needed basis using our Coaching Request Form.
- April-June, 2022 - Qualifier and Nationals Preparation work is arranged...and Monument Members will be prepared to win!