You tried to access source material that is available only for Monument Members.
Want to join hundreds of other competitors for the BEST preparation available? Consider:
Check out all we have going on this year!
Season 22 Debate Resolutions
Writers for the 2021-2022 season will be preparing cases and briefs for Stoa and NCFCA leagues for both Policy and Lincoln-Douglas debate. Monument's archives may be accessed for source material pertaining to other leagues and resolutions. Season 22 opportunities are posted here as they are announced by the leagues.
- NCFCA: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should significantly reform its policies regarding convicted prisoners under federal jurisdiction."
- NSDA: "Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its protection of water resources in the United States."
- Stoa: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform the use of Artificial Intelligence technology."
- NCFCA: "Resolved: In the context of innovation, the proactionary principle ought to be valued above the precautionary principle."
- NSDA releases six resolutions through the year:
- Sept/Oct Novice: "Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified."
- Next release is due August 8, 2021.
- Stoa: "Resolved: In the field of biomedical engineering, restraint ought to be prioritized over scientific advancement."
- Other Formats:
- NSDA will release its Big Questions Debate resolution on August 8, 2021.
- NSDA will release its first Public Forum resolution on August 8, 2021.
Season 22 Release Schedule
Monument releases content all year long, from one national tournament to another, in what we call "seasons." We are entering Season 22 (2021-2022). For a list of all Member downloads for Season 21, click here. The following is the general release schedule for Season 22:
- End of Season 21 - Officially archived on June 28, 2021. The new Season 22 releases begin July 5, 2021.
- July-August - The first Monument Monday releases July 5, 2021. Basic informational material will continue through the summer (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- August 30, 2021 - End of the Pre-season, beginning of the official year of Monument Speech and Debate.
- September-December - Cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2021 - All foundational downloads are complete! Individual sourcebooks are set up for sale through June 2022.
- January-March - BONUS material is released to members on a more as-needed basis using our Coaching Request Form.
- April-June, 2022 - Qualifier and Nationals Preparation work is arranged...and Monument Members will be prepared to win!