Our LAST Download Day for Season 21
We love exceeding expectations! We’ve lasted TWO FULL MONTHS of bonus briefs and downloads, a fabulous way to end the year of brief publishing. Click here for the exhaustive list of Season 21 downloads. Today’s final list of bonus downloads include:
- Extemp Prep for March 1, 2021 – Three headline topics covered in this week’s Extemp Prep download include Gov. Cuomo, China’s Workforce and Mars’ Rover.
- Impromptu Prep for March 1, 2021 – Transportation.
- Parli Prep for March 1, 2021 – Topics in this week’s Parli Prep include: The supreme court, China, economic growth, celebrities, politics, movie theaters, the TSA, telling the truth and telling lies.
- Policy (NCFCA) for March 1, 2021 – Plan sets up worker job skill training programs in Africa and has the trained workers immigrate to the EU to fill “labor shortages” in the European economy.
- A second NCFCA policy brief — A bonus upon a bonus.
- Policy (Stoa) for March 1, 2021 – Affirmative cancels an existing plan the federal government has to upgrade Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs – land-based missiles that fire nuclear bombs a long distance around the globe to a foreign target). The current ICBM missiles are known as “Minuteman 3,” and they are considered obsolete by the Pentagon and in need of replacement with newer technology. The new replacement is called “GBSD” (Ground Based Strategic Deterrent). The case argues that the cost is excessive and wasteful and that the upgrades are destabilizing to foreign relations (presumably with Russia?). US nuclear weapons policy relies on ICBMs, bomber aircraft and submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBM) as delivery vehicles for our nuclear weapons, a strategy known as the “nuclear triad.” Negative will argue that canceling the land-based ICBM upgrade will weaken or destroy the land component of the triad and therefore present unacceptable risks to US national security.
- A second Stoa policy brief — A bonus upon a bonus!
Next Week in Monument
- Announcement for preparation briefs for National competitions in NCFCA, NSDA, and Stoa.
- A look ahead for Season 22, plus renewal bonuses for current member consideration.
Want to join hundreds of other competitors for the BEST preparation available to you in Season 21? Consider: