Enter to Win $200 Worth of Books
FILL OUT THE MIDSEASON MEMBER SURVEY
Merry Christmas, speakers and debaters. Monument Members are now fully prepared with foundational cases, briefs and study materials to assist them in their launch to competitive success. Look for more weekly downloads through the bonus season starting in January!
The following are introductory downloads recapping each foundational speech and debate category for Season 21. These launched December 21 and are available for purchase on Amazon.com for $12.95 each…but free for Monument Members!
- Extemp Prep for January 4, 2021 – Three headline topics covered in this week’s Extemp Prep download include Stimulus Package, Venezuela and Package Thieves.
- Impromptu Prep for January 4, 2021 – Poetry Lines.
- Parli Prep for January 4, 2021 – Topics in this week’s Parli Prep include: Aldous Huxley, Amazon Video, freedom of speech, George Orwell, history, movie theaters, Netflix, paid family leave, private businesses, sanctions, the stimulus check, transfer of power, Venezuela, voter legitimacy, working from home.
- Policy (NCFCA) for January 4, 2021 – The AFF case tries to eliminate detention for migrant children. They cite cost savings and improved conditions for the migrant children. In fact, the cost savings don’t happen, and the plan actually makes things worse. But even more important, the plan is merely restating Status Quo policy and law. It’s already official EU policy that children should not be put into migration detention except as a last resort.
- Policy (Stoa) for January 4, 2021 – AFF Plan reforms or abolishes the International Military Education & Training program. IMET pays for foreign military officers (from countries friendly to the US) to come to the US to get military training that they can take back and use in their home countries. It has been criticized because some of those military leaders go home to commit human rights abuses or stage coups and take over their government. That gives the US a bad name because we appear to be complicit in the bad things they’re doing. AFF will argue we need to abolish the program.
- Public Forum for January 4, 2021 – This is the PRO case for the January topic of the NSDA Public Forum resolution, “The National Security Agency should end its surveillance of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.”
For all Season 21 releases, click here. Season 21 Monument Membership is required.
Next Week in Monument
- More BONUS prompts for extemp, impromptu, and parli.
- More BONUS material for January’s NSDA topic for Public Forum.
- More BONUS briefs for NCFCA and Stoa Policy Debate.
- Who knows? Maybe some more BONUS material for Monument Members!
Want to join hundreds of other competitors for the BEST preparation available to you in Season 21? Consider: