Season 21 downloads have all been released. Click here for the exhaustive list. Membership continues every Monument Monday with the following BONUS downloads:
- Extemp Prep for January 11, 2021 – Three headline topics covered in this week’s Extemp Prep download include the Capital Riot, Australia’s Lockdowns and Parler.
- Impromptu Prep for January 11, 2021 – Mother Goose.
- Parli Prep for January 11, 2021 – Topics in this week’s Parli Prep include: Cyberwarfare, caffine, President-elect Biden, character evidence, court of law, the Voting Rights Act, anonymous companies, Sports, alcohol, politics, criminal justice reform and driver’s license.
- Policy (NCFCA) for January 11, 2021 – The affirmative case argues that Greece is illegally refusing migrants the opportunity to apply for asylum. This brief argues that Turkey is to blame for mishandling the refugee crisis, and that most of the migrants aren’t genuine “refugees” at all – they’re economic migrants looking for better jobs. The migrants trying to get into Greece can just stay in Turkey and they’ll be fine. And trying to force a controversial plan that involves admitting more immigrants into Greece and then relocating them into the rest of Europe would probably lead to the dissolution of the European Union.
- Policy (Stoa) for January 11, 2021 – Generic Negative against any case reducing US military commitments. “Hegemony” (he-GEM-oh-nee) is leadership, or direction, where other nations do things our way because we have the most influence and power in the world. It allows many things to function and maintains a higher level of world peace and stability than would be possible without it. Reducing US military commitments means reducing US leadership in the world. If that happens, bad guys (like Russia and China) will gain influence and the world will be much worse off.
Reminder: Enter to Win $200 Worth of Books
Last week’s announcement for a Christmas present of $200 worth of books went out a little late. No worries! We extended the prize announcement for one more week: January 18! So, FILL OUT THE MIDSEASON MEMBER SURVEY and enter to win.
Next Week in Monument
- More BONUS prompts for extemp, impromptu, and parli.
- More BONUS material for January’s NSDA topic for Public Forum.
- More BONUS briefs for NCFCA and Stoa Policy Debate.
- Who knows? Maybe some more BONUS material for Monument Members!
Want to join hundreds of other competitors for the BEST preparation available to you in Season 21? Consider: