Our Monument Membership releases are set to Mountain Time at the following times:
- Monday 5:00 AM – Downloads Release
- Monday 6:00 AM – Monument Monday Page Releases
- Monday 7:00 AM – Email reminder is sent out
Earlier Monument Mondays
- Monument Monday for October 18, 2021 (10/18/2021) - Issue #8 for Season 22 includes downloads for apologetics, extemp, parli, Lincoln-Douglas and Policy debate. Today's coaching advice encourages all speakers and debaters to get registered for their league.
- Monument Monday for October 11, 2021 (10/11/2021) - Issue #6 for Season 22 includes downloads for apologetics, extemp, parli, Lincoln-Douglas and Policy debate. Today's coaching advice encourages all homeschool speakers and debaters to register for SpeechRanks.com.
- Monument Monday for October 4, 2021 (10/4/2021) - Issue #6 for Season 22 includes downloads for apologetics, extemp, parli, Lincoln-Douglas and Policy debate. Today's coaching advice announces the extension of our Season 22 membership through October.
- Monument Monday for September 27, 2021 (9/27/2021) - Issue #5 for Season 22 includes downloads for apologetics, extemp, parli, Lincoln-douglas and Policy debate. Today's coaching advice points you to "Coach Vance" Trefethen's research lab.
- Monument Monday for September 20, 2021 (9/20/2021) - Issue #4 for Season 22 includes downloads for apologetics, extemp, parli, Lincoln-Douglas and Policy debate. Today's coaching advice invites members to submit questions and brief requests with the "Content Request Form."
Season 21 Release Schedule
Monument releases content all year long, from one national tournament to another, in what we call "seasons." We are entering Season 21 (2020-2021). For a list of all Member downloads for Season 20, click here. The following is the general release schedule for Season 21:
- End of Season 20 - In response to Covid-19, Monument started Season 21 earlier than ever. First classes launched and the new Season 21 Membership opened for registration on May 1.
- June-August - The first Monument Monday (earliest launch ever!) releases June 8, 2020. Basic informational material will continue through the summer (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- August 31 - End of the Pre-season, beginning of the official year of Monument Speech and Debate.
- September-December - Cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2020 - All foundational downloads are complete! Individual sourcebooks are set up for sale through June 2020.
- January-March - BONUS material is released to members on a more as-needed basis using our Coaching Request Form.
- April-June, 2021 - Qualifier and Nationals Preparation work is arranged...and Monument Members will be prepared to win!
Season 20 Debate Resolutions
Our Monument Member Team writes cases, briefs and articles for several debate leagues. The Season 20 resolutions are:
- NCFCA: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its energy policy."
- NSDA: "Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce Direct Commercial Sales and/or Foreign Military Sales of arms from the United States."
- Season 21 Announced: "Resolved: The United States federal government should enact substantial criminal justice reform in the United States in one or more of the following: forensic science, policing, sentencing."
- Stoa: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its banking, finance, and/or monetary policy."
- NCFCA: "Resolved: Preventive war is ethical."
- NSDA release six resolutions through the year, three of which Monument writes for:
- Sept/Oct Novice: "Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified."
- Sept/Oct Varsity: "Resolved: In the United States, colleges and universities ought not consider standardized tests in undergraduate admissions decisions."
- Nov/Dec: "Resolved: The United States ought to eliminate subsidies for fossil fuels."
- Jan/Feb 2020: "Resolved: States ought to eliminate their nuclear arsenals."
- Mar/Apr 2020: "Resolved: Predictive policing is unjust."
- Nationals: "Resolved: The intergenerational accumulation of wealth is antithetical to democracy."
- Stoa: "Resolved: Culture ought to value assimilation over multiculturalism."
- Public Forum:
- NSDA Sept/Oct: "Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative."
- NSDA Nov/Dec: "Resolved: The benefits of the United States federal government’s use of offensive cyber operations outweigh the harms."
- NSDA Jan: "Resolved: The United States should end its economic sanctions against Venezuela."
- NSDA Feb: "Resolved: The United States should replace means-tested welfare programs with a universal basic income."
- NSDA Mar: "Resolved: The United States should increase its use of nuclear energy for commercial energy production."
- NSDA Apr: "Resolved: The United States should remove nearly all of its military presence in the Arab States of the Persian Gulf."
- NSDA Nationals: "Resolved: On balance, charter schools are beneficial to the quality of education in the United States."
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All Membership content and Library Archives are proprietary intellectual content, so please respect our copyrights. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited, the only exception being from immediate family members within a single household.
Do you have requests for briefs or arguments?
Our coaches want to know! Fill out the following form to send us your ideas…[wpforms id=”32002″ title=”false” description=”false”][/mepr-show] [mepr-show if=”loggedout”]
Join Monument Members and Enjoy…
- Event-specific briefs and cases that are written by champions themselves, designed to speak and debate to win arguments…
- Free introductory course giving “Keys to Speech and Debate Success” that thousands of winning students have applied and won big…
- Opportunities to submit requests to our coaching team to help build case material that toughens you up for the next tournament…
- And much, much more!
The point of membership is simple: GET WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED!
Here’s What Members Are Saying
See the consistent theme? MEMBERS ARE TOOLED UP FOR COMPETITION…AND THEY WIN!
Here’s Everything You Get…
COMPLETE Season 20 Access
You get every single case, brief, article and download prepared for Season 20 — specific to every event, resolution, and league. ($1,088 value)
FREE Introductory Course “Keys to Speech and Debate Success”
Four 15-minute videos revealing the four “keys” to successful competition that is proven to build up winning students from start to finish. ($199 value)
INDIVIDUAL Coaching Requests
You get access to our Coaching Request Form for individual responses to any hot case or argument sweeping your area. Shoot us a flow and our coaches are on it! ($35-$95/hour)
FREE Training Videos
Each event comes with certain training videos sizing up the perspective each competitor needs to have, plus direction on how to maximize the Membership benefits for the specific event. ($208 value…and growing!)
FOREVER Free Shipping
Any physical textbook, flowsheets, teachers manual, etc. from Monument Publishing comes with free shipping. We send special membership discounts now and then, too! ($7-9 value on each shipment)
ALL FOR ONLY $1599
Join Monument Members Today For… ONLY $99