If you want quick links to the downloads you need, this is the page to visit. When logged in, you will be able to download your source material WITH ONE CLICK.
Season 21 Release Schedule
Monument releases content all year long, from one national tournament to another, in what we call "seasons." We are entering Season 21 (2020-2021). For a list of all Member downloads for Season 20, click here. The following is the general release schedule for Season 21:
- End of Season 20 - In response to Covid-19, Monument started Season 21 earlier than ever. First classes launched and the new Season 21 Membership opened for registration on May 1.
- June-August - The first Monument Monday (earliest launch ever!) releases June 8, 2020. Basic informational material will continue through the summer (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- August 31 - End of the Pre-season, beginning of the official year of Monument Speech and Debate.
- September-December - Cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2020 - All foundational downloads are complete! Individual sourcebooks are set up for sale through June 2020.
- January-March - BONUS material is released to members on a more as-needed basis using our Coaching Request Form.
- April-June, 2021 - Qualifier and Nationals Preparation work is arranged...and Monument Members will be prepared to win!
Season 20 Debate Resolutions
Our Monument Member Team writes cases, briefs and articles for several debate leagues. The Season 20 resolutions are:
- NCFCA: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its energy policy."
- NSDA: "Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce Direct Commercial Sales and/or Foreign Military Sales of arms from the United States."
- Season 21 Announced: "Resolved: The United States federal government should enact substantial criminal justice reform in the United States in one or more of the following: forensic science, policing, sentencing."
- Stoa: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform its banking, finance, and/or monetary policy."
- NCFCA: "Resolved: Preventive war is ethical."
- NSDA release six resolutions through the year, three of which Monument writes for:
- Sept/Oct Novice: "Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified."
- Sept/Oct Varsity: "Resolved: In the United States, colleges and universities ought not consider standardized tests in undergraduate admissions decisions."
- Nov/Dec: "Resolved: The United States ought to eliminate subsidies for fossil fuels."
- Jan/Feb 2020: "Resolved: States ought to eliminate their nuclear arsenals."
- Mar/Apr 2020: "Resolved: Predictive policing is unjust."
- Nationals: "Resolved: The intergenerational accumulation of wealth is antithetical to democracy."
- Stoa: "Resolved: Culture ought to value assimilation over multiculturalism."
- Public Forum:
- NSDA Sept/Oct: "Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative."
- NSDA Nov/Dec: "Resolved: The benefits of the United States federal government’s use of offensive cyber operations outweigh the harms."
- NSDA Jan: "Resolved: The United States should end its economic sanctions against Venezuela."
- NSDA Feb: "Resolved: The United States should replace means-tested welfare programs with a universal basic income."
- NSDA Mar: "Resolved: The United States should increase its use of nuclear energy for commercial energy production."
- NSDA Apr: "Resolved: The United States should remove nearly all of its military presence in the Arab States of the Persian Gulf."
- NSDA Nationals: "Resolved: On balance, charter schools are beneficial to the quality of education in the United States."