The downloads on this page provide typical resolutions for likely topics that can be found at tournaments. Members should allocate time during the week to study the topics and perhaps scrimmage the resolutions. By tournament time, you will be fully prepared to compete. These downloads will remain available to Monument Members through June 2020, after which they will be archived into Monument Libraries.
Parliamentary Debate Organizations
The following are active parli debate organizations:
- Stoa hosts a two-on-two format that allows 15 minutes for students to prepare, allowing internet access and coaching during prep. See Stoa Parliamentary Debate for more information.
- NSDA hosts a three-on-three format called “World Schools Debate” that gives 60 minutes to prepare. The entire team consists of five members who prepare among one another. See World Schools Debate at NSDA for more information.
- The High School Debate Program is a California-based parliamentary debate program that hosts parli debate tournaments. See High School Debate for more information.
- The World Schools Debating Championships (WSDC) is an international organization that hosts parliamentary debates around the world. See the WSDC website for more information.
Season 21 Release Schedule
Monument releases content all year long, from one national tournament to another, in what we call "seasons." We are entering Season 21 (2020-2021). For a list of all Member downloads for Season 20, click here. The following is the general release schedule for Season 21:
- End of Season 20 - In response to Covid-19, Monument started Season 21 earlier than ever. First classes launched and the new Season 21 Membership opened for registration on May 1.
- June-August - The first Monument Monday (earliest launch ever!) releases June 8, 2020. Basic informational material will continue through the summer (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- August 31 - End of the Pre-season, beginning of the official year of Monument Speech and Debate.
- September-December - Cases, negative/opposition briefs, and strategic source content will be released.
- Christmas 2020 - All foundational downloads are complete! Individual sourcebooks are set up for sale through June 2020.
- January-March - BONUS material is released to members on a more as-needed basis using our Coaching Request Form.
- April-June, 2021 - Qualifier and Nationals Preparation work is arranged...and Monument Members will be prepared to win!
Permission & Usage
Click Here for complete information on permissions. All Membership content and Library Archives are proprietary intellectual content, so please respect our copyrights. Simply put, if you are not a Monument Member, you may not use it or share its content. If one partner of a debate team is a member and the other is not, the one who is a Monument Member must be the controller of the logins, downloads and incorporation of the Monument Membership material. Sharing logins is strictly prohibited, the only exception being from immediate family members within a single household.