You tried to access source material that is available only for Monument Members.
Join Today Or log in if you’re already a member.
Click here for more information on joining.
If you feel this restriction was in error, check your membership level on your account page. If you still experience problems, contact us right away.
Want to join hundreds of other competitors for the BEST preparation available? Consider:
Check out all we have going on this year!
Season 22 Debate Resolutions
Resolutions for Season 22 are posted here as they are announced by various speech and debate leagues.
- Policy (all season):
- NCFCA: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should significantly reform its policies regarding convicted prisoners under federal jurisdiction."
- NSDA: "Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its protection of water resources in the United States."
- NSDA Vote for Season 23 (Due December 15, 2021):
- OPTION 1 – GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE – Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its support of multilateral greenhouse gas emission reduction regimes.
- OPTION 2 – GLOBAL GEO-POLITICAL CRISIS: EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES – Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its security cooperation with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in one or more of the following areas: artificial intelligence, biotechnology, cybersecurity.
- Stoa: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reform the use of Artificial Intelligence technology."
- NCFCA (all season): "Resolved: In the context of innovation, the proactionary principle ought to be valued above the precautionary principle."
- NSDA releases six resolutions through the year:
- Sept/Oct Novice: "Resolved: Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified."
- Sept/Oct Varsity: "Resolved: The member nations of the World Trade Organization ought to reduce intellectual property protections for medicines."
- Nov/Dec: "Resolved: A just government ought to recognize an unconditional right of workers to strike."
- Jan/Feb: "Resolved: The appropriation of outer space by private entities is unjust."
- Next release is due February 1, 2022.
- Stoa (all season): "Resolved: In the field of biomedical engineering, restraint ought to be prioritized over scientific advancement."
- Other Formats:
- Big Questions Debate (all season): "Resolved: On balance, societies benefit from religious belief and practice."
- Public Forum for Sept/Oct: "Resolved: The North Atlantic Treaty Organization should substantially increase its defense commitments to the Baltic states."
- Public Forum for Nov/Dec: "Resolved: Increased United States federal regulation of cryptocurrency transactions and/or assets will produce more benefits than harms."
- Public Forum for January: "Resolved: The United States federal government should legalize all illicit drugs."
- Public Forum's next release is due January 1, 2022.
Season 22 Release Schedule
Monument releases content all year long, from one national tournament to another, in what we call "seasons." We are entering Season 22 (2021-2022). For a list of all Member downloads for Season 21, click here. The following is the general release schedule for Season 22:
- End of Season 21 - Officially archived on June 28, 2021. The new Season 22 releases begin July 5, 2021.
- July-August - The first Monument Monday releases July 5, 2021. Basic informational material will continue through the summer (e.g. summaries, resolutional articles, etc.).
- August 30, 2021 - End of the Pre-season, beginning of the official year of Monument Speech and Debate.
ChristmasThanksgiving 2021 (we finished early!) - All foundational downloads are complete! Summaries of all releases are now available.
- Through March 2022 - BONUS material released to members on a more as-needed basis using our Coaching Request Form.
- April-June, 2022 - Qualifier and Nationals Preparation work is arranged...and Monument Members will be prepared to win!